CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Facing our Fears

Monday, January 17th was Martin Luther King Day so we had the day off school. We all arrived back ready to go on Tuesday but there was a small bump in our road - one of our classmates, "A", had surgery. I tried to keep the day as light and fun as I could. It was still a rather difficult day even though her parents assured me it was "minor outpatient surgery". I still worried. "A" is a wonderfully sweet and kind hearted child. There is always a void in our class when she is not with us. Everyone loves her. I knew if I felt this way then everyone else would probably feel the same way. It was the first time that we had to deal with this as a class. So we did what we do best, we talked about it! Several students wanted to say special prayers, so we did. Others asked lots and lots of questions. Not being very medical minded, I did my best to answer them. To keep the mood light we made "A" a giant card and sent it home by her younger brother. "A's" Mom was very kind to call the school and let us know that she did fine and was on her way home from the hospital. Again, we prayed. We thanked our Lord for taking such good care of "A". On Wednesday, we wanted to do something special for "A" and since her parents and doctors were certain she would be back at school on Thursday, we made her an e-mail card! Her Mom said she loved it! Of course, the doctors and "A's" parents were right, she rejoined us on Thursday, hospital bracelet and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment