CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Taking a Little Break

I am sorry to write and tell you all that for the next couple of months, I will be taking a break from my blog.  On May 12th, my son was diagnosed with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia).  Some of you may remember, he is a police officer and each year he comes to my school each year during our Community Helper week.  He also recently got married.  So, for the next couple of months, all of my time and energy will be spent helping Jay and his precious wife, Brooklyn, with his fight.  If you would like to keep up with his progress, there is a Facebook page  and a Caring Bridge site set up for him.  One of Brooklyn's dear, dear friends has even set up a fund raiser for him to help with their expenses.  But all I ask is that you remember him in your prayers.  Thank you ALL and I will be back soon. - Karen

10 comments:

  1. You and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong and know that so many people care about you and your family. Sending <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your son and family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers coming your way! You are in my thoughts and prayers..Amy PS how bout a TPT fundraiser?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family will definitely be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son needs something of a structure throughout the day. My wife and I want to enroll him in preschool so he isn't sitting alone playing with toys all day. Am I wrong or does preschool promote a great socializing resource?

    jackhawkins1984| http://www.woodenshoe-childcare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you100% ! I have to bite my tongue when parents tell me that their child "plays" with their younger siblings. A 3/4 year old does not "play" with an infant. Socialization is a huge part of a child's development and preschool offers not only that but many, many other things. Thanks for writing.

      Delete
  7. We will think about your son. What a pity you have a great blog going, but your son needs you, Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just discovered your blog. I am a new lead teacher in a 3 year old room and have learned so much from you in just a few clicks! I am sorry to see that your son has leukemia. Please know that your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete