CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The 2011-12 Year has Begun!

Here we go!

Thursday, September 1st was our official first day.  NO TEARS!  That is always a good sign.  The day went extremely well.  We were happy and just played most of the day.  I pulled out some of my special music and we danced and sang for about thirty minutes.  Our circle time was just talking and sharing.  Everyone loved my microphone 

and couldn't wait for their turn.  The day went by fairly quickly and before we knew it, it was time to leave.

Here are some of the new ideas that I am trying for this year.  I hope you like them.  The first came about after a trip to my local Dollar Store.
The object of this game is simple.  More the little pom-poms from one bowl to the other BUT you can't use your hands!  HUH??? You have to use the tongs!   We love it!

Next is a fun math game.  I have a huge box of bottle tops and I knew they would come in handy.
I found this template on line and new it would be perfect for all those wonderfully colored bottle caps!  So far - we love it!

Since we are studying the letter "A", I wanted to incorporate our letter of the week while practicing our math skills.  I really like this
We match the number of apples with the number on the tree trunk!   Simple FUN!

Okay, now let's talk about our first week!  With day one being such a huge success I decided that we should go ahead and start slowly working on our curriculum.  We started Friday with a great project!  We talked about the color red, and the letter "A".  Everyone took turns gluing red items to a giant red apple.  Simple, easy, a great confidence building and very fun!



We headed to the kitchen for our special Friday Fun snacks and science experiments.  This week we made our world famous "Friendship Pudding".  Here is my recipe if you would like to make it.  One package of good 'ole Jello Instant Pudding, milk and a coffee can.  We pour the pudding mix into the coffee can, add the milk and SHAKE!  Everyone takes a turn shaking the pudding.  Each time we pass the can to a different person we shout out their name!  It is a great, fun way to learn every one's names.  Plus the pudding is really yummy! 

While my buddy, Mrs. Christi, was dishing out the pudding, I showed our class a very simple science experiment.  We mix oil and colored water together.  OR DID WE?  Well, we tried, and tried, and tried.  But the two would not mix together.  FUN?  You bet!  Next we added an Alka-Seltzer tablet to the mixture - instant lava lamp! 

NOW THAT WAS FUN!  I loved hearing everyone screaming when they got into their cars later that day, "oil and water don't like each other!".  Mission accomplished!

I at the lake now for Labor Day but I cannot wait until Tuesday!

1 comment: