CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dr. Seuss - Part 2

I have had the best time with my class this past week!  I don't think I have every heard so much giggling and laughing in my entire life.  I'm certainly going to have a tough time next week trying to live up to all the fun we have had talking about Dr. Seuss.  On Wednesday, we read The Lorax - the entire book, the very first thing that morning.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to keep my class' attention, but with Dr. Seuss, it wasn't difficult at all!  Everyone talked about the truffula trees the rest of the day.  We even managed to make our very own trees.

 
Everyone loved using feathers for the leaves on the trees!
 
Our Thursday started off with us reading Horton Hears a Who.  We loved it (of course!)!  Afterwards we immediately started working on our art project.  First, we used some sandpaper and crayons to do rubbings for our elephant trunks.  Next we used markers to color our stems and we cut them out.

We have a HUGE container of of pom-poms that are so much fun!  Everyone picked out their favorite colors for the flowers.  Aren't they wonderful?!?!?!?

Our Fabulous Fun Friday was (in my opinion) the very best, so far this year!  We spent the entire day reading and talking about The Cat in the Hat.  We even tried rhyming words - we had so much fun!!!  Our "Cat in the Hat" art project was silly and fun!  First, we cut some long red strips.

Everyone had so much fun singing happy birthday to Dr. Seuss while we glued our fabulous Cat in the Hat all together.
 

 As soon as we ate our lunch we headed down to our kitchen to make our Fabulous Fun Friday snack.  I teased everyone all week by telling them that they were going to eat "green eggs".  To be honest, I'm pretty sure they all knew I was kidding.  We made our green eggs with ice cream!  We added yellow and blue food coloring to turn our ice cream . . .
 GREEN!

Next we added some whipped cream (straight from the can!) for instant Green Eggs and Ham (Mrs. Karen's style!). 
 
Now, you know you can't have a birthday party without cake, right???

I'm no baker and I'm certainly not a cake decorator, but no one complained!  It was a great day, a great week in fact!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS!

I guess I've got to get busy!  It is going to be difficult trying to top this week . . . but I think I'm up to it!!!!!!  I hope you come back and see what we will doing next!

No comments:

Post a Comment