CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Merry (Belated) Christmas

Looks like I did make a New Year's resolution this year - more blogging!!!  I apologize for my lack of post lately, hopefully I am back on track.  My class had an amazing few weeks of Christmas fun and I hope you can get a few ideas for your classroom.  If you are a regular reader of my blog, you probably already know that I don't normally do the same art projects year after year.  To make my list of "must dos" an activity has to be very special and most of our Christmas activities are just that.  Let's started with one of my favorites, our name Christmas trees.


I love watching the students carefully pick out their triangles.  Then the excitement in their eyes as they write each letter of their name.  Finally, the sheer joy as they glue everything together.  This activity always gives the children a wonderful feeling of success!

Our Christmas gift to our parents are always a hit.  This year I actually had a couple of parents "ask" if we would be making our special ornament.  That was seriously a proud moment for me!  Here is our ornament.
We dress the girls as angels and the boys are shepherds.  The children always love painting their picture frames.  Then, we have to make our wrapping paper!  Since it is "B" week we use balloons




 
and baseballs!


It was a little messy, but it was a lot of fun!

Here is another oldie, but goodie . . . our puzzle wreath!  Everyone glues on some old puzzle pieces to our circle.  It is always fun to watch the children "put the ugly side" up.  They think it is funny that we are not using the "pretty side".


After the glue drives we put on the green paint.

 
After the paint dries we added little red sequins. and a pretty red ribbon.




I know these look pretty on every one's Christmas trees!
 
We have worked very hard all year on our scissor cutting skills so everyone was ready for our next project.  First we cut strips of red paper and glued them on to a large circle.  Next, we added our hand prints and the results were wonderful!
 


Isn't this the sweetest peppermint?
 
Our next couple of projects really helped us to explain to the students the real meaning of Christmas.  The parents have not seen the first project!  It is being saved for our big end of the year art show.    I love this and children enjoyed it too.  The children enjoyed making the "sand" with some old make-up brushes and the star was painted with glitter paint!


 
You know every now and then a simple project is fun and since we had to rehearse for our big Christmas program, our classroom time was limited.  I think this next project was perfect!
I loved when one of m students said she wanted this to stay in her room so she could "see Baby Jesus all the time".
 
Okay, one more art project to close out our Christmas theme.  This is a new one!
 


Each child tore pieces of different colored green construction paper into small pieces and glued them on a triangle shape cut from poster board.  This was a great way for us to use up some scrap paper, review our shapes and work on our fine motor skills all at the same time!  We even used our fingers to make little glitter paint ornaments!
 
Thanks for visiting with us!  I hope you use some of our ideas and if you do please let me know how it turned out!!!  




2 comments:

  1. I am very glad with this article and its nice ideas about Christmas. Thanks for sharing your good ideas. christmas ideas for kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to know what you can do during this holiday season? Online Xmas parties are enjoyable and cheerful. You can play games and activities with your coworkers. Some of the activities include Online Bingo, Team Challenges, Live Music Concerts and much more. To know more about Virtual Christmas Activities, visit our website.

    ReplyDelete